In the case of a domestic violence call when a San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) officer makes an arrest and a child is present, the member shall contact the Family Court Services (FCS) hotline as soon as practical in compliance with DGO 7.04, Children of Arrested Parents.
The officer must also trigger an investigation by Family Court services for similar types of criminal investigations into family violence, sexual assault, elder abuse or kidnapping. You also need a criminal defense attorney to represent you during the FCS investigation.
Attorney for FCS Domestic Violence Investigations in San Francisco, CA
If you were arrested for any type of domestic violence crime in San Francisco, CA, then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney. Our attorneys can represent you at all stages of the domestic violence case including the initial investigation by the San Francisco Police Department or another local law enforcement agency, the Family Court Services investigation when a child or elderly person is involved, and modifications of the court protective order.
Our family violence attorneys in San Francisco, CA, can also help you deal with the special rules that apply to firearms while a domestic violence case is pending.
Let our attorneys put our experience to work for you. Contact the experienced San Francisco domestic violence attorneys at Ticket Crushers to discuss the facts of your case today. Call 1 (866) 842-5384 today.
Domestic Violence FCS Investigations in San Francisco, CA
In the case of a domestic violence call when no arrest is made but a child is present, the member shall contact the FCS hotline as soon as practical if any of the following issues are a factor in the incident:
- Any crime against the child;
- Homicide/attempted homicide;
- Serious bodily injury including, but not limited to, bone fracture, loss of consciousness, concussion, protracted loss or impairment of function of any organ, a wound requiring extensive suturing, strangulation, or serious disfigurement;
- Weapon(s) used or threatened, or firearm(s) in the home;
- Threats to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person as defined by the California Penal Code;
- The child had immediate access to drugs or alcohol, and the parent or caregiver will not or cannot take protective action;
- The child’s parent or caregiver was impaired by drugs or alcohol, and the impairment interfered with the parent or caregiver’s ability to provide adequate care or supervision for the child.
These rules also apply to other types of investigations including family violence, sexual assault, elder abuse or similar case. Under these circumstances, the officer with the San Francisco Police Department must also fax a copy of the incident report to the FCS hotline.
If you are under investigation by the Family Court Services after a domestic violence investigation by the San Francisco Police Department then contact a criminal defense attorney at Ticket Crushers. Our San Francisco Domestic Violence Attorneys can help you during every stage of the case as you work to protect your family and fight against a criminal accusation.
Call 1 (866) 842-5384 today for a free and confidential consultation.
Family Court Services in San Francisco County – Visit the website of the Superior Court of California for the County of San Francisco to learn more about family court services (FCS) investigations after allegations of domestic or family violence involving children. Also find the parent’s guide to CPS and the courts.