If you have never been arrested for a DUI, it can be an overwhelming and hopeless situation. You might feel that the DUI penalties to face are too overbearing and severe and that, at this point, there is no way of winning your case and escaping these consequences. The DUI process, especially for someone who is going through it for the first time, can be complicated and requires a great deal of attention to detail so that you don’t miss any important dates or steps that you must fulfill. However, there are a couple of things that you can do to prepare for your situation. If this is your first offense, you should:
- Record everything that has occurred on the day of your arrest including the arrest itself. This includes the actions and conversations exchanged between you and the officer.
- Keep all documents given to you from your arrest.
- Schedule your DMV hearing.
- Contact a respected DUI lawyer in Concord.
The very last step is important for a reason. You shouldn’t try to go through your case alone as the cost is too steep to take any chances. Instead, you need to get in touch with one of our DUI attorneys at Ticket Crushers law. We have over four decades of combined experience handling DUI cases for hundreds of clients and we have extensive knowledge of the DUI laws in California. We understand the DUI process and know exactly what we need to do to get you the best possible outcome for your case.
1st DUI Offense in Concord
In order to be found guilty of committing a DUI offense in Concord, the prosecutor of your case must prove that you were driving a motor vehicle and that you were doing so while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You must also have possessed, at the time of your traffic stop, a BAC or blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or above. There are DUI penalties that a judge overseeing your case can enforce for a first time offense including:
- 3 to 9 months of DUI school (for a first offense, a 3 month program is usually required)
- Driver’s license suspension for a period of 6 months with eligibility for a restricted license after 30 days
- 3 to 5 years of probation (3 years typically for a first offense)
- A fine of up to $1,900 (this amount varies depending on the county where the arrest occurred
A 1st DUI offense in California is considered a misdemeanor and there are some requirements you must meet for your DUI charge. First, you will have to schedule a DMV hearing within the first 10 days of your DUI arrest. Second, you will be given a jury trial prior to being convicted of a DWI. During this court proceeding, the prosecutor will attempt to prove your guilt by demonstrating that you were driving intoxicated, you didn’t do well on the sobriety tests, and that you exhibited physical signs of intoxication.
Give Your Case A Fighting Chance With A Qualified DUI Attorney
Having to face the possibility of receiving these harsh penalties can be a scary situation. Even worse, you will have to go to court to prove your innocence and the prosecutor will do everything in their power to prove otherwise which can make matters worse. However, there is something that you can do to change this way of thinking. At the Ticket Crushers law firm, we have trusted DUI lawyers who can go head-to-head with the prosecutor and counter their evidence with our proven DUI defenses.
We will look for inconsistencies in their evidence and find pitfalls that we can use to our advantage. You might be under the impression that a DUI is too much to face but we have already helped so many others with their cases, regardless of their specific circumstances. We will not rest until you receive the best possible outcome for your case. While we can’t guarantee anything, we can attempt to reduce the DUI charges against you to:
- Dry reckless – pleading guilty to a lesser charge of reckless driving.
- Wet reckless – charges will be brought down to dry reckless but it will be noted that drugs or alcohol were involved in your conviction.
- Speed ex – reduce charges to driving a vehicle at dangerous speeds.
The DUI Lawyers at Ticket Crushers Law serves clients in the Concord area
Seeing the penalties for your DUI can make you question the probability of winning your case. You might be ready to just give up and plead guilty to your DUI charge. However, there is still a chance you can win your case. By contacting a respected DUI attorney in Concord, we can review your case and negotiate with the judge so that you can get the best outcome possible for your situation.
Areas We Serve
- San Jose
- San Mateo
- Elk Grove
- Palo Alto
- San Bruno
Consult With One of Our DUI Lawyers for Quality Legal Representation You Can Count On!