A DUI in California can become a troublesome matter that needs to be taken seriously. After being arrested for a DUI, a person would now have to deal with two government agencies including the California DMV and the local court where you were arrested. The individual will then have 10 days to schedule a hearing with the DMV which will slow down the suspension of your license until the DMV can determine if the suspension was justified. For a 1st offense DUI, one can expect to incur administrative and criminal penalties including:
- An administrative driver’s license suspension enforced by the DMV for up to 4 months.
- Completion of a 3-9 month DUI school program.
- 3-5 years of probation.
- Mandatory alcohol assessment or treatment evaluation.
- Mandatory ignition interlock device installation.
The enforcement of these DUI penalties will depend heavily on the specifics of your case and if there was any injury or death involved. The discretion also lies with the judge overseeing your case. A DUI conviction can be a scary and stressful ordeal and you shouldn’t do it alone. This is why you need the help of an experienced DUI lawyer in Dublin. We can assist you with your case and negotiate with the judge to reduce the penalties you might face or to dismiss your case altogether. However, you must act as soon as you receive your DUI arrest or things will not go according to plan.
DUI School Program in Dublin
As a condition of your DUI conviction, the judge might require you to attend a DUI school. The attendance of this program will heavily depend on if this is your first offense, whether there was injury or death involved, and your BAC or blood alcohol level. Each of these programs requires a certain amount of instruction time as well as an up-front cost. Depending on the program, you will only have a certain amount of classes that you may miss before failing the program. There are 4 different DUI programs that a judge might require you to take including:
- Wet Reckless (Under 21) – If you are convicted of a reckless driving offense and have a certain BAC, you will be required to take this 12-hour DUI program. It costs around $270 and you can only miss up to 2 classes.
- First Offender – This one consists of 3 different programs including a 3 month (30 hour), 6 month (44 hour), and 9 month (60 hour). Which one you receive depends on your BAC. The program will cover drug and alcohol education, group counseling, and counseling interviews. The cost can range between $850 – $1,850 and you will only be allowed to miss between 5-7 classes.
- 18 month program – This program is for individuals with 2 or more prior DUIs and it includes alcohol and drug education, group counseling, counseling interviews, and community reentry monitoring. This one costs between $1,900 – $2,600 and you can only miss up to 10 classes.
- 30 month program – This one is reserved for those with 3 or more prior DUIs and a high BAC. It includes the same activities as the 18 month except it does require community service. This program can cost around $3,000 and you can only miss up to 15 classes.
Hire a DUI Attorney For your DUI
The thought of facing these DUI penalties can be an overwhelming experience especially if this is not your first offense and you have already paid the price. Even worse, you might have hired legal representation in the past and they were inexperienced or didn’t adequately defend you in the court and you received the maximum penalties for your DUI conviction. At the Ticket Crushers law firm, you don’t have to deal with that nonsense. We have 40+ combined years of experience operating in the practice of California DUI laws and have extensive knowledge of how the process works.
We have represented numerous clients in their DMV hearings and during the court proceedings. We have used DUI defenses to our advantage on multiple occasions and have successfully defended the rights of our clients time and time again. Your case will be no different. We will review your case, discuss your best options for your situation, and help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
The DUI Lawyers at Ticket Crushers Law serves clients in the Dublin area
Dealing with a DUI charge and don’t know where to turn? You need a trusted DUI attorney who can assist you with your issue. Our law firm can:
- Provide you with a free consultation.
- Gather evidence in favor of your case.
- Provide representation during both the DMV hearing and court hearing.
- Prepare a DUI defense for your case.
- Defend your rights.
Don’t go through this ordeal alone. The cost is too high to try to handle things by yourself. Instead, let one of our DUI lawyers take care of things.
Areas We Serve
- San Jose
- San Mateo
- Elk Grove
- Palo Alto
- San Bruno
Facing Attending DUI School? Call The Ticket Crushers Law Firm Today!