If you received a traffic ticket in the San Francisco Bay Area or Southern California, then contact an attorney at Ticket Crushers. Hiring an experienced local traffic ticket attorney might save you time, money, and frustration. Fighting the citation can also keep your car insurance premiums lower for years to come.
Many people just resolve the citation by admitting guilt when they pay the ticket. Paying the ticket is considered to be an admission of guilt whether you pay the ticket through the mail or online. Admitting guilt means that you are “convicted” of the offense and will receive points on your driving record. Accumulating points can result in the suspension of your driver’s license and an increase in your insurance premiums.
Instead of admitting guilt, hire a traffic ticket attorney to fight the citation. Our local and experienced lawyers represent men and women throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We can help you fight to:
- Get the ticket dismissed;
- Get the charges reduced to a less serious offense; or
- Secure a “not guilty” verdict at trial.
We also represent individuals who have a traffic ticket that has fallen into a failure to appear or failure to pay status. Let Ticket Crushers put our experience to work for you. Call 1 (866) 842-5384 to speak with an experienced attorney about representing you in traffic court.
Types of Traffic Tickets We Fight
Our attorneys handle a wide variety of traffic ticket cases including:
- Running Red Light Tickets
- Red Light Camera Tickets
- Illegal Lane Change
- Stop Sign Violations
- Failure to Yield to a Pedestrian in a Crosswalk Violations
- Illegal U-Turn Tickets
- Seat Belt Violations
- Driving without insurance
- Driving the Wrong Way on a Divided Highway
- Driving without Insurance
- Unsafe Lane Change
- Following too Closely or Tailgating
- Illegal Right Turn
- Illegal Left Turn
- Reckless Driving
- Driving with a Suspended License
- Driving with a Revoked License
- Failing to Provide License
- Registration and Insurance at an Accident
- Leaving the Scene of a Crash
- Felony Hit and Run
- Racing on a Public Highway
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
The fees to hire a Bay Area or Southern California Traffic Ticket attorney are reasonable because we handle many tickets in traffic courts throughout the area.
Call us to find out more about hiring a traffic ticket attorney in California for a commercial driver with a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Agencies that Issue Traffic Citations in San Francisco Bay Area
The attorneys at Ticket Crushers represent clients who receive a ticket in the City or County of San Francisco from one of the following agencies:
- SFPD — San Francisco Police Department
- STATE — California State Police
- CHP — California Highway Patrol
- PARK — Park Police
- SFCCPD — San Francisco Community College Police Department
- SFUPD — San Francisco State University Police Department
- UCPD — University of California Police Department
- AMTRAK — Amtrak
- BART — Bay Area Rapid Transit
- SFFD — San Francisco Fire Department
- DPW — Department of Public Works
- F&G — Fish and Game
- MUNI — Municipal Railway
The Benefits of Hiring a Bay Area Traffic Ticket Attorney
The benefits of hiring an attorney for your traffic ticket in San Francisco include avoiding fines, increased insurance premiums, or the loss of your driving privileges.
Our experienced traffic ticket attorneys are in the courtroom each day. Our attorneys appear in traffic courts throughout the Bay Area & Southern California and handle a high volume of cases. Because we focus on traffic tickets, our legal fees are extremely reasonable.
In fact, we often help our clients save money immediately because the attorney fees can be less than the potential fine. Also, avoiding a conviction also means you might avoid increased insurance premiums for years to come.
Trials in traffic court are heard by a judge. No jury trials occur in traffic court on civil infractions. In most of these cases, the only witness is the officer that issued the citation. To obtain a dismissal or “not guilty” verdict at trial, you are not required to give any testimony or present evidence in your defense.
In fact, you are not even required to appear in court. The traffic court rules allow you to hire an attorney to appear on your behalf. Your attorney can help you determine whether it is better to negotiate a settlement or go to trial.
By hiring a California Traffic Ticket attorney, you may be able to:
- Avoid the need to appear in court and wait for your case to be called
- Avoid the need to attend a traffic school course
- Increase the chance that your charge will be dismissed
- Increase the chance that your charge will be reduced from a moving violation to a non-moving violation that will not result in points on your California driving record or a suspension of your driving privileges, and
- Avoid a conviction that might lead to an increase in your automobile insurance premiums
If you are innocent of the offense or if there is insufficient evidence to prove it, then your attorney can set the case for trial so that you can obtain a “not guilty” verdict. A not guilty verdict means that no points or fines are assessed, and you avoid a permanent criminal record.
A Free Consultation on Your Traffic Citation
If you have questions about your traffic ticket, then call us to discuss your case. We can help you understand defenses that can be asserted at trial. During a phone consultation, we can help you understand why you might benefit from legal representation.
Negotiating a Settlement
Let us put our experience to work for you so that a better settlement can be negotiated. We may be able to negotiate a better resolution with lower fines, no points on your driving record, or be able to protect your driving privileges. We can often help our clients save money in the short-term and the long-term.
Trials in Traffic Court Cases
Our attorneys understand the technical defenses that can be presented at trial. We know the rules for speed detection devices, road design, cameras, and signage. We understand the officer’s standard operating procedures, as well the manuals and logs that might apply in your case.
Commonly Issued Traffic Tickets in California
The most commonly issued moving violations in California, with the California Vehicle Code (VC) infraction and typical monetary fine, include:
- VC 22349: Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit — $214
- VC 22350: Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit — $328
- VC 22454(A): Passing a school bus with flashing red signals — $616
- VC 22450: Failure to stop at a stop sign — $214
- VC 21453(A): Failure to stop at a red signal — $436
- VC 12814.6: Failure to obey license provisions — $214
The most common traffic tickets issues in the greater San Francisco Bay Area include:
- VC 5200: Proper display of license plates (Fines can be reduced with proof of correction) — $178
- VC 4159: Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days (Fines can be reduced with proof of correction) — $178
- VC 4000: No evidence of current registration (Fines can be reduced with proof of correction) — $256
- VC 34506: Commercial driver – Log book violation — $616
- VC 27360: Mandatory use of child passenger restraints (Fines can be reduced after completion of an approved child seat diversion program) — $436
- VC 16028(A): Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (Proper insurance coverage; Fines can be reduced with proof of proper insurance coverage on or before the violation date) — $796
- VC 14600(A): Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days (Fines can be reduced with proof of correction) — $214
- VC 9400: Commercial weight fees due —$178
- VC 27803: Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements — $178
- VC 27400: Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears — $178
- VC 27315: Mandatory use of seat belts — $148
- VC 27150: Adequate muffler required — $178
- VC 26708: Unlawful material on vehicle windows — $178
- VC 22507(B): Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense —$1,876
- VC 22507(A): Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense — $976
- VC 22500: Parking in a bus loading area — $976
- VC 23124: Minor driving while using a wireless phone — $148
- VC 23123.5: Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text — $148
- VC 23123(A): Driving while using a wireless phone, not hands-free, first offense — $148
- VC 23123(B): Driving while using a wireless phone, not hands-free, each subsequent offense — $256
Areas We Serve
Traffic Schools in San Francisco, CA
In the County of San Francisco, there are at least seven classes throughout the county, including:NEW CHINATOWN TRAFFIC SCHOOL,
2710 VICENTE ST.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94116
Phone: (415) 221-9050
License No. E1751 PACIFIC SEMINAR TRAFFIC SAFETY
2130 FULTON ST.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94117
Phone: (800) 448-4140
License No. E0192 SF BAY TRAFFIC VIOLATOR SCHOOL
1700 IRVING ST.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94122
Phone: (415) 759-9500
License No. E1623 CHEAP SCHOOL
900 FRANKLIN ST.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94110
Phone: (800) 234-7283
License No. E0067 COMEDY SCHOOL
900 FRANKLIN ST.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94109
Phone: (800) 341-5554
License No. E0462 NU TECH DRIVING/TRAFFIC SCHOOL
4735 MISSION ST., SUITE D
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94112
Phone: (415) 468-1288
License No. E0991 ACADEMIA DE TRAFICO EN ESPANOL
610 POLK ST.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
Phone: (415) 865-0900
License No. E0914
Traffic Ticket Court in San Francisco — Visit the website of the Traffic Court Division of the Superior Court of California in and for the County of San Francisco. Find information on fighting a traffic ticket, civil assessments after a failure to appear, or appealing a conviction from traffic court, and night court in San Francisco, CA.
Traffic Tickets in California — Visit the website of the State of California to find out more on paying a traffic fine in the county where you received your citation.
California Court’s Traffic Information — Visit the self-help page of the California Courts, the Judicial Branch of California, to find information on traffic tickets and infractions, including answers to frequently asked questions related to traffic tickets. Find information about the payments of fines, traffic schools, forms and trials.
Finding a Traffic Ticket Attorney
Our local attorneys have years of experience appearing in traffic court in California. If you received a citation for a violation of the California Vehicle Code, then call Ticket Crushers to discuss your case with one of or qualified lawyers.
The revenues generated from traffic tickets in California are estimated at approximately $500 million per year. Don’t just pay the ticket and then face higher insurance premiums. Call an experienced traffic ticket attorney in San Francisco to help you fight your ticket. From speeding tickets to red light camera violations, we can help you CRUSH that ticket.