Fighting a DUI charge can seem like a daunting task for any person. A DUI can come with heavy penalties that can ruin your driving record, criminal record, and your life. The DUI process is complicated and frustrating for most, especially if you are unaware of California DUI laws and don’t know where to start. However, there is a solution to your problem. The Ticket Crushers law firm can aid you in your case by explaining your options and defending your rights. Some long-term consequences to be expected from a DUI arrest can include:
- Up to $140 a day for the towing and storage of your vehicle. The total cost will depend upon how long your car sits in the impound lot.
- An annual auto insurance increase, during a period of up to 13 years following your arrest, of up to $40,000.
- A sum of $100 to pay the California DMV to reinstate your license.
- A payment for DUI classes of around $650 (costs may vary depending on your case).
This information might add to your stress but in order to avoid these consequences, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced DUI lawyer in Newark. We will be able to negotiate with the court to possibly reduce the penalties against you or to dismiss your case. We are also capable of representing you during the DMV hearing which is highly recommended. No matter what your next step is in the DUI process, you need to have legal representation to ensure that no oversights are made and that you get the best possible outcome for your situation.
How To Prepare For Your DMV Hearing
After your arrest, the arresting police officer will confiscate your license, give you a temporary one, and a pink slip telling you that you will be able to drive for 30 days following the day of your arrest and then your license will be suspended. Once you have been arrested for a DUI, you will have 10 days to request a DMV hearing to fight the DUI arrest. It is important that you document everything that has occurred leading up to, during, and after your arrest as this information will prove useful during your hearing. You do have the option of performing the hearing over the phone but it is generally recommended to do the hearing in person.
As well, you are allowed to have legal counsel present which, in this case, is strongly advised. To be prepared for your hearing and to place you at an advantage, there are some general rules to follow on how to conduct yourself during these meetings. These include:
- Being Prepared – The DMV hearing is an important step in the DUI procedure and the preparation that you partake in will have an impact on your case. This includes thoroughly documenting your DUI arrest including the actions of the arresting officer, any conversations, as well as any other relevant factors that the DMV should be aware of.
- Be On Time – This should be a general rule for any situation but this rule can make or break your case. Government entities such as the DMV are very busy and have little patience and likely will not be pleased to see you showing up late. This can affect their decision regarding your license.
- Be Properly Dressed – As with being on time, being dressed in the proper attire also makes a difference. You should dress in the same manner as you would an interview as it shows that you take your DUI charge seriously and it might make them reconsider their impression of you as an upstanding member of society.
Let Us Represent You In Your DUI Case
While this information does prove helpful, it isn’t an alternative for proper legal representation. There are many technicalities and pitfalls that can occur during these proceedings that a qualified DUI lawyer in Newark would be able to navigate easily. You certainly have the option to do it alone but the cost would be too high to risk. Don’t make a mistake that you might soon regret and instead, call the Ticket Crushers law firm. We have over 40+ years of combined experience assisting clients, such as yourself, with their DUI cases. It doesn’t matter if this is your first offense or your fourth offense, we will look at your case, review any evidence, and discuss any DUI defenses that would be helpful to your situation.
The DUI Lawyers at Ticket Crushers Law serves clients in the Newark area
There is much more than your reputation on the line with a DUI conviction. You will face great financial costs, a tarnished criminal and driving record, and hardships with getting around without your license. However, this doesn’t have to be your future. Give one of our DUI lawyers a call and we will aggressively advocate for your rights and fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
Areas We Serve
- San Jose
- San Mateo
- Elk Grove
- Palo Alto
- San Bruno
The Ticket Crushers Law Firm Provides Quality Legal Representation You Can Count On!